Hey Beauty Babes,
Spring has finally sprung! Which means we are officially throwing out every single thick knitted jumper we own and updating our wardrobe colour scheme from 50 shades of black and beige to a glorious palette of pastels.
To celebrate the new season, we’re sharing our tips on how to spring clean your make-up bag! You know what they say, out with the old and in with the PROFU! (sion) – get it?
- Did you know that makeup had an expiration date? Yep, it sure does! Once opened, most foundations should be thrown after around 6 months, powders, eyeshadows, lip gloss and lipstick lobbed after 2 years, and mascara needs to make its way out after 3 months. Replacing your makeup regularly reduces the risk of infection and
- Try something new! Can’t leave the house without your trademark nude lip? Try a red! Makeup is about creativity and expressing yourself, so try something new this season- we dare ya!
- On the other hand- declutter! If you’ve been hoarding a brand-new contour palette that you know you’re never going to crack open, be a good BFF and give it away. You’ll make someone’s day AND you’ve made space for something you really Double win!
- Give those brushes a bath! We can’t stress *enough* how important it is to wash your brushes regularly. Firstly, due to the bacteria that builds up during use (ew!) and secondly, your makeup will glide on so much more flawlessly!
- Spring is all about fresh faces- so think dewy skin, pastel lips and a pop of bright blush on the cheekbones. Now you’re SO on season *paints nails emoji*
What are your top spring-cleaning tips?